She previously served in the chaplain’s office at the International Linguistics Center. She listened to people, prayed with them, and had Bible studies with them. Sometimes she visited missionaries in the hospital.
Debbie has also cared for missionary kids (MKs) for more than ten years. MKs have a unique perspective on life. You know you’re an MK when:
- You can’t answer the question, “Where are you from?”
- You think that barrels make good end tables, and think that barrels make good night stands.
- You speak two languages, but can’t spell either of them.
- You flew before you could walk.
- The U.S. is a foreign country.
Sometimes MKs have unique struggles. Debbie served as an adult youth leader to help youth, particularly in their transition to the States.
Steve and Debbie joined Wycliffe Bible Translators in 2001. Wycliffe missionaries wish to see the Bible accessible to all people in the language they understand best. About 350 million people do not have the Bible in their own language. Wycliffe missionaries also focus on community development, literacy development and church partnerships. Find out how you can become part of our team.